Contact Info / Websites
And unfortunatly, Flash looks like it's no longer part of my future. Eh, maybe I'm wrong for now, but I've been busy with so many other things that this is just... here I guess. Oh well, I had fun animating and making the few games I did. Not much money from it, but it was worth a shot. So, take a gander if you want to. I can't look at it without wincing, thinking "I can do so much better than this now".
Well, Spy Shooter is up in the Portal, and I (hopefully) doubt it's going to be blammed. That's pretty much all I wanted to announce for right now. Future posts may actually involve the whole process of creating this game, like a behind the scenes feature. For now, I'm just hoping that people like the game enough for me to continue to do such things.
So, I just uploaded my latest game, "Spy Shooter" to the API test thing. Right now, the high scores/ads have yet to be approved officially, but I'm more interested in the content of the game itself working. So, here's the deal.
1. PM me a message saying you want to test out this game of mine, or put it in the comments. (If you don't have a Newgrounds Account, consider getting one step 0.5). I'll add you to the Beta Player list thing once I read it.
2. If you find some major bugs/have suggestions on improving the game, PM me a message so no one reads any spoilers in the comments. Or just comment away, it's not like there's anything I can do to stop you, and I'll probably end up reading it anyways.
3. The Beta will probably run for a few days, most likely until Saturday. Shouldn't take too long to find bugs. Fixing them is another issue...
4. It's my first beta ever, so I really hope I'm not screwing up or overlooking something.
Wow, I'm amazed that people loved "My Problem With Shmups" so much. Guess dumping the original idea behind it wasn't such a bad idea after all!
Well, I just submitted my latest animation, even though it's been over a year since I last made something. Probably closer to two, really. So, what cause the hold up, many of you aren't asking? Well, a couple of things that I'll list below:
- I was going to release something way more complex that I just didn't have the drive to finish. Originally, "My Problem With Shmups" was going to be part of a huge compilation of animated shorts, much like Robot Chicken, called "Snapshots of a Busy Mind". I actually did manage to finish a couple other pieces during my busy time in college over the years, but my drawing/animating skills were actually improving quicker than I could finish it. Meaning that I would rewatch some of my older stuff and think "Man, I can redraw all that and still finish in time".
- I did not have a schedule for finishing "Snapshots". It was always on "When it's finished", much like how Duke Nukem Forever was being done. This really led to more problems than solutions.
- I kid you not, I had canceled other projects before this, and really did not want to cancel yet another one. I'm a little too stubborn for my own good.
I'd still be trying to finish that if it hadn't been for reality sinking in and it was either spend the rest of my life doing this one massive thing, or just dumping it in favor of others. That's what I did, minus "Shmup". I actually liked that one too much just to leave it behind, and it was the most recent one I started working on. So, now it comes to this and what's in the future. I've got ideas, I'll make sure that they'll stay short until I get the hang of animating again.
Ah, college. Without you, there would be no hard-hitting realization that life is a time-consuming monstrosity dedicated to make one's life a torment. Nevertheless, even though I'm quite busy with already prolonged coursework, I have managed to get back to picking up the Animations again. Seems like I've been working on this latest thing for years with many setbacks, rewrites, scrapping parts entirely time and time again, and-
Oh wait, yeah, that did happen. I practiced my drawing style for a while and, thanks to certain Theatre classes, I can draw necks without them looking funny! Well, that's good news to me, at least. Hopefully, provided I don't burnout during Finals, i can have something resembling a finished product by early next year(?). In the meantime, I've put together one character who will appear in said animation. He's my best work to date, but there's a long way to go before I can say "I am a Flash God, bow before me, puny mortals". A loooooong way, indeed. He's in the chart below.
Now, back to work on this *and* my BA Degree.
I wish many greetings to our new Chinese viewers! I hope you enjoy the many different offerings of government approved animations and games. Have fun!
HAHAH! Loving this prank, dudes.
Huh, apparently the admins of Newgrounds have made several flash animations only containing two shapes talking to one another. I wouldn't know if this was a joke or just trying to show people what crap they've received over the latest months now that they need to make a point about it.
Well, I've got news for them.
I made a movie back in the day with THREE shapes, and it's overlooked nowadays.
Guess I should have stuck with two, eh?
I don't suppose any of you guys have any tips on sparing free time, because I'd like a few of them right now. I'm currently working a job, have 5 classes, 2 of which are Honors courses, I'm crewing a musical right now, working on another performance thing for one of my classes, and I have just enough time to breathe on most days. While I have finished the music for my latest flash animation in Garageband (wait for the flames in 5...4...3...), I haven't gotten around to animating any of the characters at all. Not that I don't want to, but with so much going on at once, I am flat out spent every time I finish working on the next assignment. Yes, education should definitely be on the top of my list, but sometimes I wish it wasn't the only thing on that list.
Let this be a lesson for you younger animators out there: Time is precious. Use it wisely.
I'm happy about it. Sure, looking at all the other submissions makes mine look pale in comparison, and the chances of me winning any prizes is...
Wait for it to zoom by...
Nevertheless, I'm proud to stand amongst the ranks of the chosen. And hey, if you liked my segment, go ahead and gimme feedback! If you hated it, then critique my work.
Lemme say that again.
If you hated it, then CRITIQUE my WORK.
Not too sure what that means? In short, tell me what you didn't like about my segment and then give an example of how to fix said problem in the future. It's that simple. I'll listen to it.
And now, a quick shot at what I'm working on next.